Matthew James "Matt" Keogh was elected in the 2016 federal election as the first member for the newly-created Division of Burt in the south-eastern suburbs of Perth.
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Burt, Western Australia, 2016.
- House of Representatives Standing: Agriculture and Water Resources from 15.9.16; Economics from 15.9.16.
- Joint Standing: Corporations and Financial Services from 15.9.16.
- ALP National Conference Delegate 2007, 2009, 2011, 2015.
- ALP State Conference Delegate 2003-2013.
- Convenor WA ALP Law, Public Administration and Community Safety Policy Committee, 2007-2016.
- Australian Young Labor Executive 2007.
- Young Labor President (WA) 2007.
- Born 11.11.1981, Armadale, WA
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (Politics and History) (Hons.), LLB (U. Notre Dame, Aust.).
- Senior Customer Service Officer, iiNet, 2000-2002.
- Liaison Officer, Office of the Minister for Planning and Infrastructure (WA), 2003.
- Policy Officer, Department of Premier and Cabinet (WA), 2003-2005.
- Solicitor, Travers and Keogh, 2005-2006.
- Federal Prosecutor, Office of the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, 2006-2011.
- Commercial Lawyer, Herbert Smith Freehills, 2011-2016.
- Director, Law Council of Australia, 2015.
- President, Law Society of Western Australia, 2015.
Description: outer metropolitan.
Location: south east Perth; includes parts of the Cities of Armadale, Canning and Gosnells; and suburbs of Armadale (part), Brookdale, Camillo, Canning Vale, Champion Lakes, Forrestdale, Gosnells (part), Harrisdale, Haynes, Hilbert (part), Huntingdale, Kelmscott, Langford, Mount Nasura, Piara Waters, Seville Grove, Southern River, Thornlie and Wungong (part).
Area: 172 sq m.
Electors enrolled: 99 474 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: light industry, commercial, medical and retail trade, construction and manufacturing.
- Australian Young Lawyer of the Year, Law Council of Australia, 2009.